Commercial transportation is the service of delivery of goods to the desired destination. This service is provided by transport companies (TK) on the basis of a written contract concluded with the client.
Depending on the volume and type of cargo, as well as the length and complexity of the route, transportation can be carried out by road, rail, air or water (sea and river) transport. In the event that delivery of not too large quantities of goods over relatively short distances is required (within the country or, for example, to the countries of the near abroad), it is preferable to select a road haulage.
The number of services provided by transport companies includes not only the delivery of goods, but also:
- Competent selection of transport, which depends on the specific characteristics of the cargo, its dimensions, route distance, etc.
- Logistics of transportation (planning the optimal route, taking into account all possible difficulties).
- Carrying out a full range of preparatory work required for the organization of transportation.
- Preparation of cargo for delivery.
- Registration of a full package of documents.
- Freight forwarding.
- Carrying out loading and unloading operations, the provision of services slingers.
- Insurance and security of cargo.